Sharing our Anna Maria Island family vacation with you all today! We love Anna Maria Island sooo much.
Be sure to follow along with our adventures + family fun on Instagram – @amandamhamman !
I’ve done a few posts on past trips so search if you’d like to read more/more details about the island. But here’s what we did last year:
What We Did on AMI:
- Painted sand dollar ornaments at Shiny Fish Emporium – our tradition with the girls
- Visited Mote Aquarium on Longboat Key – such a pretty drive
- Swam @ the pool & beach
- Took bicycle rides
- Played at playgrounds
- Shopped on Pine Avenue
- Watched the Sunset
- Walked on the piers (Rod & Reel and Anna Maria City)
Where We Ate on Anna Maria Island:
- Poppo’s Tacos – Perfect spot to pick up food & take back to your place! This was a fave of mine this time around. One of us would go and wait in line while the other stayed back with the girls.
- The Sandbar – Put your name in early bc this place books up quickly. You can’t beat it for views of the sunset. Great family spot.
- The Waterfront – In such a charming house near the pier. This is a nicer spot but the food is absolutely delicious! Also has a kids’ menu.
- Rod & Reel Pier – Casual breakfast and lunch spot. You eat in a house on the end of the pier! Very memorable…. and very cozy + chill spot.
- The Donut Experiment – I think there’s always a line here but it’s definitely worse in the AM. Their donuts are the best though!!!
- Beach House – We tried this out for the first time on this trip and ate with our toes in the sand. Get there early to put your name in.
- Two Scoops for ice cream
- Whitney’s (LBK) – First time here, too! In an old gas station and is absolutely like walking back in time! California cool vibes here… I LOVED the atmosphere and the food was good, too 🙂