This post is sponsored by Giant Eagle and Nabisco. All thoughts & opinions are my own.
We are in the heart of football season and what better time to talk about tailgating! Prepare your food, make a stellar playlist, and pop up that hatch! Here are my tips to help your tailgating experience be fun and stress-free:
1) Food: Keep the food easy to eat but satisfying! I love the Buffalo Chicken Salad Toppers recipe with TRISCUIT Crackers, listed below! Perfect for a tailgate, this easy hand-to-mouth snacking option pairs well with dips and appetizers too! You can find all of the ingredients at your local Giant Eagle. Also, between 10/18 – 11/1/18 you can save $5.00 when you buy any TEN (10) participating items, which include RITZ Crackers (8-14 oz.) TRISCUIT Crackers, WHEAT THINS Snacks, and GOOD THINS Snacks (3.5-9.5oz.), and RITZ Toasted Chips (7-9 0z.)!
2) Make it festive! Decorate your car & bring games! Fresh flowers make your space more cozy. Footballs are a must, as are a deck of cards, and of course, corn hole, or a Frisbee!
3) Keep your guests as comfy as possible! Extra folding chairs, blankets, an assortment of drinks, and extra koozies are all great ideas. You can never have too much bottled water or ice! If you have room, pack that portable tent as well as your folding tables.
4) Pack a bag of the essentials: Trash bags, paper towels, a bottle opener, cups, hand sanitizer, sunscreen, and disposable tableware!
5) Plan & prepare as much as you can before you go so you can actually enjoy the experience. Make a grocery list, pop over to your local Giant Eagle to pick up all of the yummy ingredients and prep an easy appetizer, like these Buffalo Chicken Salad Toppers, ahead of time. Store all fresh ingredients in a cooler with ice until you’re ready to eat. It doesn’t have to be perfect or go as planned… it’s all about having a great time, socializing, and football, after all! 🙂
Buffalo Chicken Salad Topper
- 3 small boneless skinless chicken breasts (3/4 lb.)
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 5 Tbsp. Buffalo wing sauce, divided
- 32 TRISCUIT Crackers
- 3 Tbsp. crumbled blue cheese
Heat grill to medium heat.
Season chicken with salt and pepper. Grill 6 to 8 min. on each side or until done (165°F). Cool.
Chop chicken; place in medium bowl. Add carrots and celery; mix well.
Mix mayonnaise and 1/4 cup (4 Tbsp.) wing sauce until blended. Add to chicken mixture; mix lightly.
Spoon chicken mixture onto crackers; top with cheese. Drizzle lightly with remaining wing sauce.
Substitute: Prepare using 1-1/2 cups chopped rotisserie chicken or cooked chicken purchased from the deli of your supermarket.
Per Serving: 80 calories, 3.5g total fat, 0.5g saturated fat, 15mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate, 1g dietary fiber, 0g sugars, 6g protein