Today’s post is all about Ava’s Taylor Swift birthday party!!! We had the best time celebrating our 8 year old with a Swiftie “Lover” themed party! You’re my, my, my, my loverrr!
First of all, I have to say I had way too much fun with this one! Secondly, Ava decided last summer she wanted a Taylor party but decided last month she wanted it to be a “Lover” Swiftie party, which meant I already had A LOT of the party supplies since the color scheme involved a lot of pastels, pink, and sparkles. Since I have a ton of pictures and information to share, I’ve organized this post into different sections: Party Decor, Food/Drinks, and Activities/Favors.
So, grab a cup of coffee and get cozy! I hope you enjoy today’s post because we had so much fun celebrating our girl!
Ava’s Taylor Swift Birthday Party Decor:
I was most excited to set up the kids’ table for this party! I knew I wanted to use a sequin tablecloth with a floral table runner (repurposed from Ellie’s Encanto party). I dug out my disco balls and a butterfly garland and the runner was complete. I picked up silver charger plates at Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago bc I love the look of chargers to elevate a table and the fact that they most definitely help with icing and food spills onto a sequin tablecloth.
Next, I layered check plates with scalloped pink plates from Target’s Dollar Spot. I knew we still were missing something though so I found some mini Taylor album covers, cut them out, and placed one on each plate. Ava later rearranged them into the order of the album releases (#totalswiftie). I added some favors: disco ball necklaces and the microphones and the table was finished!
Then, I had to decorate the sideboard. I switched out our usual sideboard with a rattan one that was smaller to provide more room for everyone to move around. I started with hanging the garland banner via two 3M velcro strips/hooks. They are party magic! You can hang nearly anything with the velcro ones! Next, I used gaffer tape to tape up a mylar butterfly balloon. I added a few disco balls, garlands, a Taylor Swift Lover print from Etsy, some candlesticks, and a butterfly shelf from Home Goods.
The night before the party, I used my new balloon pump to blow up a lot of balloons. I had high hopes of trying to make a diy balloon garland but quickly gave up once I realized I didn’t have the tape that is so helpful. So, I shifted, and used gaffer tape to tape a few balloons to our chandelier above the table. I didn’t expect to love it as much as I did but it provided a lil’ something else and a pop of pastel color. I loved it so much that the balloons are actually still up as I’m typing this post.
- Pink/Gold/White Backdrop ~ Etsy
- Butterfly Balloon ~ Amazon
- Heart Garland ~ The Buttercream Shop
- Rattan Stand ~ Serena & Lily
- Butterfly Shelf ~ Home Goods
- Taylor Swift Lover Art Print ~ Etsy
- Pink + Lavender Ribbons ~ Hobby Lobby
- Pom Poms ~ The Buttercream Shop
- Silver “8” Balloon ~ Amazon
- Disco Balls ~ Amazon + Hobby Lobby
- Lavender Candles ~ Anthropologie
- Candle Holders ~ Home Goods
- Butterfly Garlands ~ Pearl & Jane
- Mini Taylor Swift Albums ~ Etsy
- Tulle ~ Amazon
- Silver Charger Plates ~ Hobby Lobby
- Balloon Chandelier DIY ~ Amazon
- Ava’s Sequin Top & Pants ~ Target
- Birthday Era Mobile Invitation ~ Etsy
- Portable Balloon Pump ~ Amazon
- Gaffer Tape ~ Amazon
Taylor Swift Birthday Party Food + Drinks
I’m a big fan of keeping the food + drinks very simple for kids’ parties. I make sure to always have cake and/or cupcakes and cookies, though! We ordered pizza and I made fruit and veggie trays. I always try to set out something salty + “snacky” for the kids so I had popcorn. Sometimes I’ll do chips. Ava specifically asked for an ice cream cake this year from Dairy Queen and I think they did a great job with my “Lover” themed ask!
The cookies – oh the cookies! Royally Iced is the cookie queen! Based out of Columbus, for all of you locals, she is amazing in that I can just tell her our theme/color scheme and she runs with it. She also made the cookies for Ellie’s Encanto party a couple of years ago.
For the drinks, we made our go-to rainbow punch. The recipe couldn’t be simpler (sprite + rainbow sherbet) but, wow, what a hit it was! They absolutely LOVED this punch and drank the entire bowl, haha! I highly recommend and it’s so easy. We served it in plastic heart champagne glasses with the love straws & color-changing heart straws. For the adults, I served “Taylor Mimosas” which was just something I made up – different juices mixed with prosecco with edible glitter, linked below.
- “Lover” Cake ~ Dairy Queen
- Taylor Swift Cookies ~ Royally Iced
- Sequin Tablecloths ~ Amazon (also here)
- Sequin Table Runners ~ Amazon
- Floral Table Runner ~ Fabric from Hobby Lobby
- Pink Heart Bowls/Scallop Plates ~ Target Dollar Spot
- Pink Cups ~ Amazon
- Pink Scallop Napkins ~ Amazon
- Check Plates ~ Ellie & Piper
- Plastic Silverware ~ Amazon
- Edible Glitter ~ Amazon
- Cupcakes ~ Lindsey’s Bakery
- Heart Champagne Glasses ~ Walmart
- White + Pink Cake Stands ~ Home Goods
- Disco Ball Cups ~ Amazon
- Taylor Swift Eras Tour Bucket/Cups ~ Movie Theatre
Taylor Swift Party Activities + Favors
Our activities were very much Swiftie geared – we made friendship bracelets, danced to the rented Eras Tour Movie via Amazon, put on fake Taylor tattoos, and sang with fake microphones. The girls basically entertained themselves. I had everything set out so they could move about as they liked.
We started the 3 hour movie at the beginning of the party and kept it playing the entire time. The girls were in and out of watching it and dancing along but it was perfect to have Taylor’s music but also provide entertainment for them!
For party favors, I bought “Love” straws, color-changing heart straws (these were a BIG hit with the little ones), disco ball necklaces, heart glasses, and faux microphones. I tied a little ribbon around the microphones for an extra “Lover” touch. And, of course, the girls took home whatever bracelets they made and tattoos they put on. 🙂
- “Love” Straws ~ Target
- Heart Straws (color changing) ~ Walmart
- Heart Glasses ~ Dollar Tree
- Microphones ~ Amazon
- Taylor Swift Lover Tattoos ~ Amazon
- Friendship Bracelet Beads ~ Amazon
- Disco Ball Necklaces ~ Target Dollar Spot
Ava’s Taylor Swift Gifts
We got Ava a few presents for her birthday this year but I wanted to share the Taylor gifts we gave her in case you’re looking for something similar:
- Taylor Swift Lover Print ~ Amazon
- Taylor Friendship Bracelets ~ Amazon
- 18″ Doll Stage/Microphone ~ Amazon
- Pink Crocs ~ Amazon
- Swiftie Croc Charms ~ Amazon
- Pink Guitar ~ Amazon
You can view more of our birthday parties here!