Welcome to your Columbus, Ohio City Guide!
I always have tons of readers asking for suggestions on the best things to do in the city and this list covers most of my favorites!
Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further questions – I’d love to help!
(map c/o On Lane Avenue )
BRUNCH in Columbus:
- Katalina’s – try the pancake balls!
- Milestone 229 – fabulous views.
- Alchemy Juice Bar + Cafe or TRISM – tons of healthy options, smoothies/juice/bowls.
- Skillet – cozy German Village spot that serves season, farm to table fare.
- Emmett’s Cafe – Cozy + cute lil’ cafe!
- Wolf’s Ridge Brewing – great atmosphere, beermosas, and doughnuts.
You can find a full listing of GAC’s recommendations on Where to Brunch in Columbus here.
LUNCH in Columbus:
- Brassica – Mediterranean-influenced, casual, perfect lunch spot.
- North Market – Tons of food options, including Little Eater, Jeni’s, and Pistacia Vera.
- La Chatelaine – Cozy and delicious French bakery & bistro.
- Northstar Café – One of our faves – try the Buddha Bowl
- Budd Dairy Food Hall – Lots of options!
- Lindey’s – Charming Columbus classic in German Village. Sit on their patio if it’s warm!
DINNER in Columbus:
- Marcella’s – Great happy hour. Italian. In the Short North.
- Chapman’s Eat Market– Fun spot in German Village!
- Del Mar – Cameron Mitchell restaurant in the Short North, with a focus on SoCal food & drinks
- Martini Modern Italian – Best filet in town. Upscale but inviting atmosphere.
- Comune – A cozy + delicious vegetarian restaurant.
- Figlio – Delicious Italian.
DESSERT in Columbus:
- Pistacia Vera – Macarons, delicious treats.
- Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams – You can’t come to Columbus and not try Jeni’s! The best!
COFFEE SHOPS in Columbus:
- Mission Coffee Co.
- Kittie’s Cakes
- Crimson Cup
- Fox in the Snow Cafe
JUICE BARS in Columbus:
- Alchemy Juice Bar + Cafe
- Native Cold Pressed
- Zest Juice Co.
BEST BARS in Columbus:
- Lincoln Social – GORGEOUS rooftop bar in the heart of the Short North Arts District!
- The Keep – this swanky bar is in the Leveque Hotel, located downtown
- Seventh Son Brewing – A fun, casual spot!
- Antiques on High – Sister restaurant to Seventh Son, located in the brewery district.
- Pins Mechanical Co. – Fun for families, too! 🙂
- The Pint House – a go-to spot in the Short North
- Service Bar – A Middle West Spirits experience – a newer spot with a cozy atmosphere!
- Standard Hall – on High Street in the Short North and has a great patio!
- VASO Rooftop Lounge – Amazing rooftop bar in Dublin!
WHERE TO TAKE KIDS in Columbus:
- Columbus Zoo
- Franklin Park Conservatory (especially the Children’s Garden!)
- Columbus Museum of Art
Check out all of my recommendations for the kiddos HERE.
WHERE TO SHOP in Columbus:
- Easton Town Center
- Polaris Fashion Place
- Boutiques in the Short North
- Worthington Farmer’s Market
- Columbus Flea
BEST BOUTIQUES in Columbus:
- STUMP Plants
- Cub Shrub (for the littles!)
- Rowe Boutique
- You can find a full listing of GAC’s favorite local shops here.
SITES TO SEE in Columbus:
- Scioto Mile
- Columbus Zoo
- Ohio State University
- Park of Roses
- Columbus Museum of Art
- German Village
BEST HOTELS in Columbus:
- Hilton Downtown
- German Village Guest House
- Hotel LeVeque
- The Westin
- AC Hotel by Marriott Columbus Dublin
- The Joseph
- Graduate Columbus
BEST SALONS/SPAS in Columbus:
- The Blowout Bar
- The Spa at River Ridge
- Charles Penzone
- Virtue Vegan Salon
- The W Nail Bar
BEST GYMS/FITNESS CLASSES in Columbus:
- Thank Yoga
- The Fitness Loft
- LA Fitness
- System of Strength
BEST DAY TRIPS from Columbus:
- Granville, Ohio
- Yellow Springs, Ohio
- Chillicothe, Ohio
- Ohio Amish Country
- Geneva on the Lake
Linda N Benson says
I love your website !!
I am the Concierge at the Renaissance downtown.
Your info is so helpful for visitors and guests.
I lived in German Village for years and agree with all of your picks !!!
Thanks for all the information,
girl about columbus says
Thank you so much for your kind words! I hope this website can continue to be a resource for visitors in Columbus! 🙂
Visit Northstar Cafe, which has several outposts throughout the city and is known for organic ingredients. Oldie-but-goodie stops include Lindey’s in German Village (Snider says she hasn’t had a bad meal there in 35 years) and Winans Chocolates and Coffees, a fourth-generation family-run business that delivers “the cutting edge in the world of flavors and premium quality” coffees and treats, says Snider. Our new showroom is located at Easton Town Center, 3950 Townsfair Way, Columbus, Ohio. Hours are Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., and Sunday from noon to 6 p.m.