Have you guys started wrapping presents yet? I’ve been trying to wrap as I go otherwise, it’s very overwhelming and time consuming usually at a point in the season where I don’t have any time until after the girls go to bed 🙂 This year I went with a wrapping color scheme – reds, pinks, whites, creams, silvers, and golds. I’ve found a color scheme helps keeps things cohesive and the presents look oh-so-pretty wrapped up under the tree! 🙂
Here are my tips for cute + fun gift wrapping:
- + Pick a color scheme – 3-4 colors
- + Be sure within your color scheme you have at least one neutral (white/cream/tan/black/etc.)
- + When you see cute wrapping paper, pick it up! It will keep year to year and bring you joy.
- + I like to use around 5-6 different wrapping papers.
- + Mix + match solids & patterns. I like to have a solid, a stripe, small patterns, and a whimsical pattern.
- + Instead of traditional bows, try using textured yarn and string! The chunky yarn from Hobby Lobby is perfect!!!
- + Velvet ribbon can add a simple, pretty, feminine touch to any package.
- + Add in pops of sparkle or metallics via ribbon, tinsel, or small details on the wrapping paper.
- + Get creative with your nametags – using stickers or painted nametags you can use year after year
- + Top your gifts with small ornaments, disco balls, pom poms, bells, fresh greenery, or tiny bottle brush trees!