heineman winery put in bay

12 Ohio Wineries I Want to Visit

heineman winery put in bay // girl about columbus
In celebration of June being Ohio Wine Month, Nic and I made it a priority to visit Heineman’s Winery during our recent trip to Put-in-Bay. Did you know Ohio is the 8th largest wine producer in the U.S., with an impressive 268 wineries? Crazy!
when in put in bay // heineman winery
Since visiting Heineman’s (get the Pink Catawba!), I’ve been going through this list, making note of all the family and pet-friendly wineries in Ohio I want to visit, especially the ones that have restaurants, patios, and live music:
gervasi vineyard{image via}
breitenbach winery in amish country, ohio{image via}
school house winery in ohio{image via}
old firehouse winery{image via}
indian bear winery{image via}
laurentia winery{image via}
rockside winery in lancaster, ohio{image via}
shade winery athens ohio{image via}
firelands winery{image via}
powell village winery{image via}
lakehouse inn and winery{image via}
rock point winery{image via}

* Also, some notable wineries in Central Ohio include Camelot Cellars, Wyandotte Winery, Via Vecchia Winery, Good Vibes Winery in Westerville, and Plum Run Winery in Grove City.

what to do in put in bay // heineman wineryWhat are some other great Ohio wineries? I’d love to add to my to-do list! 🙂

heineman winery // put in bay You can find a list of all of the Ohio wineries HERE.
girl_about_columbus_blog
This post was made in collaboration with The Ohio Grape Industries Committee (OGIC). #30CheersOH #OhioWine
You can “like” girl about columbus on Facebook HERE.
12 Ohio Wineries I Want to Visit // girl about columbus

lover of all things beautiful.

13 Comments

• I had no idea Ohio has so many wineries. I’m just across the river and I’m thinking we may need to take a quick weekend road trip! Thanks for this list.

• I know it, right? So many! You definitely should! Let me know if you visit any I should visit!

Amanda

• Add Troutman Winery to your list. You will love it!

• This is a very good winery in Eaton, Ohio. Interesting history of the building and co owners enthusiasim to share about the wine and the building remodeling and how it was transformed and how they kept many of the originals. Entertainment on the weekends also.

• You should try Buckeye Lake winery!

• Alex,
      Thank you! I totally should’ve added them to the list because yes, I definitely want to go there! Looks awesome!
      Amanda

• I had heard that Ohio was in the top 10 for the number of wineries! What is even more crazy, is that I’ve only be to a couple of them. I’ll have to check the one out in Powell soon. It would be a great Saturday/Sunday afternoon with the girls!

Brittany | thechicette.com

• Merry family Winery, Bidwell Ohio. Wine and brewery. Near Bob Evans Farm.
    Near Shade winery is Pleasant Hill Vineyard. Beautiful view, good eats!

• Pleasant Hill winery in Athens is a good one, owner is an amazing person to talk to. Hocking Hills winery is in Logan Ohio and it is a good one too, they love their music

• Ohio has some terrific wineries! May I also suggest Marietta Wine Cellars, Hocking Hills, Raven’s Glen, The Winery at Versailles, Terra Cotta, Yellow Butterfly, etc…! Am trying to visit them myself! Pleasant Hills in Athens is another to add to the list & Hanover!

Write a comment