what to do in westerville ohio

10 Things to Do in Westerville, Ohio

10 Things to Do in Westerville, OhioOutfit Details:

J. Crew Tee // A & F Jeans // Target flats // Karen Walker sunnies // Rebecca Minkoff bag

Westerville, Ohio. Located 16 miles from downtown Columbus, Westerville is one of Central Ohio’s best suburbs. Westerville has it all: Small town feel near a big city. Delicious food. Numerous outdoor activities. A rich history. Collegiate influence. Remarkable parks. A strong sense of community. This list only touches upon all that Westerville has to offer:

what to do in westerville ohio

1. Eat some really good food uptown. Try Uptown Deli and BrewCardone’sRed Apron Pizza Co.Asterisk Supper Club, Northstar Cafe or 8 State Bistro! Insider tip from the locals: Go to Schneider’s Bakery when they open at 1:30 AM for a fresh + delicious donut! 🙂 So many great options!Northstar Cafe Westerville

2. Grab a drink at Good Vibes WineryAsterisk Supper ClubMeza Wine Shop, or Uptown Deli and Brew.Asterisk Westerville

j crew stripes

3. Don’t forget dessert – a stop at Graeter’s Ice Cream is a MUST! While you’re at it, grab a cup of coffee at either Java Central or Heavenly Cup!Uptown Westerville

4. Shop uptown! My faves? Amish Originals, Pure Roots Boutique, and Edwin Loy Home. Bonus: Every Wednesday in May through October from 3-6PM, you can catch the Uptown Westerville Farmer’s Market!

Edwin Loy Home Westerville

5. Move to Westerville! Great schools, amazing parks, and in close proximity to nearly everything you could want or need in Central Ohio (Columbus Zoo, downtown, Easton Town Center, Polaris Fashion Place, Port Columbus, the list goes on…), Westerville is a highly-sought-after suburb of Columbus! On my radar? The new M/I Homes development, Bigham Ridge. Absolutely gorgeous.

6. Grab some fresh blooms at Talbott’s Flowers, the cutest flower shop Uptown.what to do in westerville ohio

Flowers Uptown Westerville

7. Take the pets and family for a stroll at Hoover Reservoir Park. The dam is definitely worth seeing. You may even spot The Ohio State University sailing team!

8. Stroll around Otterbein University, a private four-year liberal arts college, just steps from Uptown Westerville.

otterbein university

9. Visit the beautiful Inniswood Metro Gardens to take in the herb garden, flowers, and greenery.

10. Get active and bike/walk/run on the Westerville Bike & Walkway, consisting of over 29 miles of paved trails around the city!

what to do in westerville ohio

* Also, if you have kiddos, my recommendations, in addition to the above list, include ZenKidz Play Cafe, Goldfish Swim School, and the Westerville Community Center!

What are your favorite spots in Westerville?

girl_about_columbus_blogThis post was made in collaboration with M/I Homes. As always, all thoughts & opinions are my own. 🙂

25 Comments

• This striped tee is the cutest! Loved reading your recommendations!

• For kids: Alum Park, Naturally Curious Kids, Aqua Tots

We also really like Westerville Grill and Java Central

• Don’t forget the amazing Thai Grill. Also Naturally Curious kids – a great toy store

• Thank you for these recommendations, Anna! I’ve never tried Thai Grill but now I will! Naturally Curious is adorable, I agree!

Amanda

• While I live in Westerville and love EVERYTHING it has to offer, I totally agree with Anna, the Thai Grille is absolutely worth checking out!!! Excellent food, owned and run by a small family, great atmosphere. (Tends to be a wait as it’s a small restaurant.. but worth it). We went to Thailand for our honeymoon, so it’s nice to have a Thai restaurant so close to home!

• I can’t believe you didn’t mention Schneiders’s Bakery! Ask any uptown Westerville resident or Otterbein college student, as it’s a staple, having been in business for 60 years now! Drop by around 1:30am when they open and you’ll see a packed lobby and often a line around the corner of locals needing a sweet fix!

• Emily,

Thank you SO MUCH for this comment as it was truly a typo that I left out Schneider’s – ah! I think it happened during my final edit but thanks to you, it’s back on. 🙂

Amanda

• Westerville offers something for everyone.
    Hoover Reservoir is 10hp and home to the Brent Hamrick Memorial Disc Golf Couse, Sailing Club, Boat Club, Westerville Crew and annual Regatta, several fishing clubs and tournaments
    Jimmy V’s restaurant has excellent food and is home to Westerville Browns Backers
    Skatepark, BMX track, climbing rope towers, and Bark Park
    Summit Vision rope courses
    Anti-Saloon League Museum <>
    WesterFlora has been judged by the Garden Club of Ohio as the best residential garden tour for the last three years in a row!
    Yes, I’m a Westerville lifer

• Don’t forget the coffee–great coffee–great coffee at Java Central and Heavenly Cup!

• Marcey,

I need to add those in because yes, I agree – very cute shops and very good coffee! Thank you!

Amanda

• Great article…but you missed Koble’!! Wonderful atmosphere, fantastic Greek/Italian menu w a pedigreed chef! My favorite hands down. ❤

• Vicki,

I have never eaten there but they have those amazing open-air windows, right? If so, that is THE CUTEST restaurant!

Amanda

• Jimmy Vs!!! Great Greek food, beers on tap…and the best place in uptown to catch some great live music…and best summertime patio!!

• You listed all of my favorite things to do! I is living in Westerville so much!!!

• You definitely missed A Twist On Olives. My favorite shopping stop for fabulous olive oils and balsamic vinegars. Stop and see Rosa and Scott!

• Great pics along with in-depth details! Thanks again, Girl!

• I like this; you have a lot of good suggestions! Uptown is such a nice, quaint area. For shopping, I’d add My Cousin’s Closet; it’s a second-hand store and has lots of neat items for the home. There are also a lot of nice parks in town.

• Susan,

Thank you! I’m putting that on my to-do-list, especially when shopping for home items!

Amanda