Looking for things to do in Westerville, Ohio? Located 16 miles from downtown Columbus, Westerville is one of Central Ohio’s best suburbs.
Westerville has it all: Small town feel near a big city. Delicious food. Numerous outdoor activities. A rich history. Collegiate influence. Remarkable parks. A strong sense of community. This list only touches upon all that Westerville has to offer:
1. Eat some really good food uptown. Try Uptown Deli and Brew, Cardone’s, Red Apron Pizza Co., Asterisk Supper Club, Northstar Cafe or 8 State Bistro! Insider tip from the locals: Go to Schneider’s Bakery when they open at 1:30 AM for a fresh + delicious donut! 🙂 So many great options!
2. Grab a drink at Good Vibes Winery, Asterisk Supper Club, Meza Wine Shop, or Uptown Deli and Brew.
3. Don’t forget dessert – a stop at Graeter’s Ice Cream is a MUST! While you’re at it, grab a cup of coffee at either Java Central or Heavenly Cup!
4. Shop uptown! My faves? Amish Originals, Pure Roots Boutique, and Edwin Loy Home. Bonus: Every Wednesday in May through October from 3-6PM, you can catch the Uptown Westerville Farmer’s Market!
5. Move to Westerville! Great schools, amazing parks, and in close proximity to nearly everything you could want or need in Central Ohio (Columbus Zoo, downtown, Easton Town Center, Polaris Fashion Place, Port Columbus, the list goes on…), Westerville is a highly-sought-after suburb of Columbus! On my radar? The new M/I Homes development, Bigham Ridge. Absolutely gorgeous.
6. Grab some fresh blooms at Talbott’s Flowers, the cutest flower shop Uptown.
7. Take the pets and family for a stroll at Hoover Reservoir Park. The dam is definitely worth seeing. You may even spot The Ohio State University sailing team!
8. Stroll around Otterbein University, a private four-year liberal arts college, just steps from Uptown Westerville.
9. Visit the beautiful Inniswood Metro Gardens to take in the herb garden, flowers, and greenery.
10. Get active and bike/walk/run on the Westerville Bike & Walkway, consisting of over 29 miles of paved trails around the city!
What are your favorite spots in Westerville?
This post was made in collaboration with M/I Homes. As always, all thoughts & opinions are my own. 🙂
You can follow more of my adventures via my Instagram, @girlaboutcolumbus!