With spring in full force + summer just around the corner, I’ve found myself amping up my beauty product routine quite a bit… I guess you could say I’ve came out of hibernation + really want my skin, hair, and nails to be tip-top! And thanks to Meijer + their Beauty Perks promotion (aka maaajor deals on beauty products until May 17), I’ve been able to stock up on a few new products lately. I’m super picky with what I put on my skin + nails. Sooo, I thought I’d share some inexpensive staples that I’ve been using nearly daily… p.s. I wouldn’t share if I didn’t highly recommend these items, so here ya go:
- Revlon Photoready BB Cream (in 020 Light Medium): I had read + heard so much about BB Cream, I had to try this stuff. Basically, a BB Cream is short for beauty or blemish cream and it’s now my daily go-to for a quick skin fix, alone or under my makeup. This Revlon cream is a moisturizer, primer, foundation, concealer, and sunscreen – all in one application. It instantly makes my skin look healthier.
- Nature’s Bounty Extra Strength Hair, Skin, & Nails (5000 mcg of Biotin): I up my intake of Biotin anytime I want to grow my hair longer… and quickly. I swear by it. Well, that + some serious greens like spinach. Biotin works to improve metabolism, blood sugar, and hair/skin/nails. This vitamin mix is on another level and has 100% or more DV (your Daily Value) of Vitamins A, C, D, and B-6. I’ve only been taking this for 3 weeks and I’ve already noticed my hair is longer + my nails are stronger. Oh, and I’ve had way less breakouts.
- Pore-fecting Papaya Enzyme Alba Botanica Natural Hawaiian Facial Mask: After I wash my face, I looove putting this cooling face mask on. I leave it on for 5 minutes and then rinse with warm water – my face feels so clean, hydrated, and refreshed. It’s an instant pick-me-up. It is made with papaya and pineapple and smells sooo good.
- Essie Quick-E Fast Dry Nail Drops: Okay, listen up, ladies: if you do your own nails, this must be in your beauty arsenal! These drops are absolutely amazing. They eliminate the possibility of messing up your nails! Just put 1 or 2 drops on each nail after you’ve polished them and you’re set! I will never do my nails again and not add this step at the end.
- Roc Retinol Correxion Sensitive Night Cream: I just started using a retinol cream and I have a feeling I will use this for the rest of my life. I picked this particular brand up at the recommendation of Instyle magazine’s Best Beauty Buys 2014. Basically, with continued use of retinol, it is supposed to reverse the effects of aging – aka wrinkles. I’ll letcha know how this goes. So far, so good with this Roc product – I’ve had zero irritation which is super common with retinol.
Yep, I’m totally hooked on these 5 babes. To learn more about how to majorly save via Meijer’s Beauty Perks program, head over to this awesome post by Glamorously Mommy on How to Save Money on Beauty Products.