We are THRILLED to start our Advent Calendar this year! Well, at least I am 🙂 The girls have no idea what’s going on with that yet, but I’m hoping my almost 4 year old will remember it next year! 🙂
This list is aimed at the toddler crowd, because, well, that’s my life right now – this is our actual list this year!
Last year I just stuffed candy or a sticker in our calendar but this year I wanted to be very intentional and I honestly wanted to start creating traditions of our own.
I remember looking forward to specific events as a child around the holiday season and I want to give my girls that, too.
So… yes, we were going to do some of these things anyways, I’m sure. BUT, now, this list a) holds us to it and b) makes even the tiniest things a big event, which I feel makes us appreciate it a whole lot more.
Let’s get to it!
- Go see Santa!
- Unwrap Christmas PJ’s + a book to enjoy all season!
- Make gingerbread houses
- Baking Day with family and/or friends
- Christmas song dance party!
- Watch a Christmas movie
- Enjoy hot chocolate + marshmallows
- Go see a Christmas parade
- Write a letter to Santa
- Drive around + look at Christmas lights
- Picnic dinner by the tree
- Make a birthday cake for Jesus
- Make handmade cards
- Unwrap Christmas dresses and play dress-up
- Go see a movie in the theater or a Christmas play
- Open presents at a family members home
- Play with a nativity set or make your own
- Make reindeer food
- Make a Christmas craft, like ornaments for their own tree
- Make snowman or reindeer pancakes
- Go sledding/play in the snow/make a snowman
- Make treats for a neighbor
- Have a Polar Express Day
- Have a Christmas decorations scavenger hunt around your house
- Enjoy Christmas Day!
How do you do Advent calendars? I would love to hear your ideas!