This post is sponsored by Nationwide Children’s Hospital. All thoughts & opinions are my own.
Ear, Nose, and Throat specialists can do so many things for kiddos!
I don’t know about you but I’ve never been quite sure what exactly an ENT does – well, at least past placing tubes in children’s ears with recurrent ear infections.
I’ve partnered with Nationwide Children’s Hospital to give y’all a lil’ education as to why a child may need to visit an ENT! Nationwide Children’s Hospital has ENT services that offer care for all ear, nose and throat conditions in kids.
First of all, please note parents should always consult with their pediatrician, but sometimes, it may be appropriate to schedule directly with an ENT.
Secondly, there are SO MANY reasons to see an Ears, Nose, and Throat specialist! The following includes the MOST COMMON reasons Pediatric ENT surgeons see patients, but of course, this is not a comprehensive list of all of the conditions seen.
The most common reasons your child may need to see an ENT include:
1. Multiple ear infections.
2. Persistent ear infections that do not resolve with antibiotics.
3. Snoring and restless sleep that has persisted and not associated with illness.
4. Concerns for hearing loss.
5. Recurrent nosebleeds.
6. Sinus infections necessitating more than 3 antibiotics in a calendar year.
7. Neck mass that has enlarged.
8. Tongue tie concerns.
9. Noisy breathing in infant or toddler not associated with illness.
For more information or to request an appointment with ENT, visit Nationwide Children’s website HERE.
Leave a Reply