Looking for fun spot to take the kids this summer in and around Columbus? Yes, me too! From Columbus splash pads, the zoo, museums, park, shops, and more… there is so much to do! Here’s my go-to list but feel free to add a comment at the end with something I may have missed!
COSI is PERFECT for rainy and/or cold days! Buying an annual membership is the way to go, as we’ve found we go to their little kidspace (first grade and under) all the time! Of course, they have tons of exhibits and fun and educational offerings for the older ones too!
2. Columbus Zoo & Aquarium / Zoombezi Bay
The Columbus Zoo entertains for hours! Our favorite things to do? Watch the cheetah run and feed the giraffes in the Heart of Africa! A membership is totally worth it if you plan to go a few times per year. Also, Zoombezi Bay, Columbus’s largest water park, is just next door and offers water fun for the entire family!
3. Play Cafes
There are a few great play cafes in Columbus that offer hours of fun for a small price! These ones top the list:
- + Momi Land – Polaris & Hilliard locations – this is the most instagrammable play cafe ever! 🙂
- + Fun in the Jungle – Sunbury – so much for older kids to do here!
Image via Destination Hilliard
We’re all about the toddler-friendly parks right now with Schiller Park in German Village topping our list. Columbus and Franklin County Metro Parks are also outstanding. Watch the bison at Batelle Darby Creek or explore the natural play area at Blendon Woods. You can find a full listing of the parks HERE.
5. Cub Shrub
Okay, so you may not want to take your kids, but you can definitely shop for them here! Cub Shrub is the sweetest, cutest boutique shop for children in Grandview. Good luck leaving empty-handed! 😉 I did an entire post about the shop HERE.
6. Slate Run Historical Farm
Part of the Metro Parks system, this historical farm is absolutely a best-kept secret in Central Ohio! It’s FREE! They have tons of farm animals like horses, cows, and pigs! It’s like walking back in time. Sooo fun! Pack a picnic!
8. Splash Pads
Because you can’t beat water fun in the summer! These parks will guarantee your little ones’ a great nap after your trip:
9. Farmers Markets
There are markets all days of the week around Central Ohio but these are our go-to spots for farm-to-table fun:
- – Worthington Farmers Market: Our absolute favorite on a Saturday morning.
- – Clintonville Farmers Market: We love hitting up this one after the Worthington one.
- – Granville Farmers Market: This charming town’s market is worth the short drive east on 161.
- – North Market: This market is so fun all year-round but during the warmer months, they have even more options outside!
10. U-Pick Farms
Farm fun for both the kids and adults! Our faves include:
- – Hann Farms, Doran’s Farm Market, or Circle S for strawberries in late May / early June
- – Lynd Fruit Farm for apple picking, pumpkins, and fall fun in September + October
I know the title of this post said “10” places, but I have to include these ideas too:
- – Taking in a show at the Columbus Children’s Theatre
- – See the butterflies at Franklin Park Conservatory – be sure to explore their Children’s Garden!
- – Taste test all the ice cream at Jeni’s
- – Make art in the Wonder Room at Columbus Museum of Art
- – Learn to swim at Goldfish Swim School.
What did I miss? I’d love to know your favorite spots!
You can “like” girl about columbus on Facebook HERE.