Oh Instagram, how I love you! I can’t get enough of the visual imagery that this app is. So much inspiration in those little squares, I tell you! This 2016 re-cap is my favorite, with my absolute favorite picture of the year coming in at #1 with the most likes. Thank you for following @girlaboutcolumbus. I love connecting with you!
- Ava Mae decided she was ready to meet the world this weekend 1/15/16 at 5:29pm, 8 lbs 1 oz and 20 inches of pure joy. We are so in love!!! #babyhamman
2. So happy my brother decided to get married on peak weekend in October! Even if it is going to be chilly tomorrow it’s obviously going to be beautiful! #cantwait #fall #october #theprettiest #theknot
3. 110th Annual Circleville Pumpkin Show! #fallbreak #pumpkineverything #pumpkinshow #ohiogram #midwestmoment #ohioexplored
4. Um, things are a bit different this Red, White & Boom as little miss likes her bedtime to be before dark, soooooo…. I’ll just have to settle in & watch the show via @nbc4i while listening to @979wnci #reallife #maybenextyear #redwhiteandboom – Party on, Columbus! #fireworks
5. But the Midwest though….
6. Family fun @lohstrohfamilyfarms picking up pumpkins Finally feeling the fall spirit! #pumpkinpatch #fall
7. Hey, you pretty red door #germanvillage #reddoor #fallscenes
8. I hope y’all are planning on taking advantage of all the amazing holiday happenings around Columbus, starting this weekend with @thesciotomile Grand Illumination (tonight) & @germanvillage588 Village Lights on Sunday (pictured above)!! #tistheseason #mostwonderfultimeoftheyear #columbus
9. On Saturdays We Wear Scarlet @shopthedirection #gobucks #ohiostate #scarletandgray
10. … as delicious as they look. @destinationdonut @northmarket
11. This little nugget was excited about the pretty snow today bc she was finally able to wear one of the multiple snow suits her mommy bought her! #winterbaby #snugglesallday #babyhamman #babygirl #newborn
12. #Twinning with my girl today @tru_man_brand #saturday #mygirl
13. I can’t believe one week ago today I was contemplating whether or not I was in labor and, if so, if it was too soon to go to the hospital… And little did I know that my sweet girl would be born just a few hours later. Happy one week, Ava! You’ve forever changed my life .
14. This house in German Village knows how to do #Halloween right …
15. To every thing there is a season.
16. Rounding up what I bought from the #NSale over on girlaboutcolumbus.com today! #sweaters #jeans #boots #ohmy
17. I can’t help but be a little emotional today because last Easter, I prayed so hard for this little one to come into our lives God is good and He never ceases to amaze me. #happyeaster #loveyoubabygirl #mommyssunshine
18. Happy that the @goldenglobes are on to help distract me from the inevitable wondering of when baby girl is going to make her big appearance! Starting to get anxious — #38weeks tomorrow! #pregnant #waiting #babyhamman
19. The dress, the venue, the flowers… #perfection #kinnamarried @madisonhouseflowers Congrats, Brandon & Gabby!
20. Today is a rough day for this mama — it’s my last day of maternity leave During this time, I’ve changed lots of diapers, had sky high anxiety, perfected my swaddle, learned how invaluable a swing is, googled everything baby under the sun, suffered through the initial, and unfortunately, sometimes recurring pain w breastfeeding, cried along with my little girl, doubted my mothering skills, and had many sleepless nights. The first weeks are no joke, y’all. However, I’ve also sang dozens of songs, read the cutest of books, taken at least 50 pictures a day, loved every second of baby girl clothes shopping, given hundreds of hugs and kisses, smiled the biggest of smiles along with my little girl, gained confidence in knowing what she needs, watched her discover her hands and learn how to swat and grasp toys, enjoyed that Ava loves to nurse, soaked up all the cuddles/kicks/punches, died for that morning smile my babe gives out every day when I wake her up, have lived for the moment each and everyday, and have learned that having a baby truly does get better everyday. Planning things just aren’t as simple as they used to be and I kind of enjoy that. Maternity leave was a 12 week wild and amazing adventure that I will always hold dear. I can’t believe this photo was taken 10 weeks ago. Ava Mae, I’m not sure what tomorrow may hold but you’ve made me so happy and proud that I can call you my daughter. Mommy loves you! #babyhamman