Every time I sit down to work on a beauty-related post, I realize that I need to do more – I LOVE talking beauty – products, tips, and tricks with y’all. And I haven’t met a lipstick I don’t like yet 😉 Anyways… I want to share some easy beauty tips/tricks that I have seen quick results from that will hopefully help you get that glow!
- Drink lots of water – it makes your entire body look AND feel better!
- You’ve heard it before, but more water! I try to be sure to always have a cup/bottle by me while at home, at work, in the car, etc. Stay away from caffeine and all of that sugary stuff like pop. Empty calories, no thank you. If you don’t love water… try adding some lemon juice or some fruit into your glass! Buy a cute water bottle to motivate you to carry it around more! Start slow – try just adding in a glass or two extra per day.
- Do a face mask once or twice a week – your skin will thank you!
- I could do an entire post on this – and maybe I will! 🙂 I do a face mask once a week towards the weekend when I know I will be out and about more! I swear by them and really think they help me obtain that extra glow. Plus, it feels so indulgent and spa-like to do one at home. It just makes me feel good, ya know?
- Use self-tanner.
- Not a tanning bed and not the real sun. The self-tanners out there are insanely good right now! None of that orangey-stuff, but a real brown glow. Exfoliate first, self-tan second. I like to buy self-tanning wipes for my face and I use a gel self-tanner on my body. I instantly feel prettier after the color comes in.
- Eat your greens, greens, greens!
- If you would’ve talked to me 10 years ago, I would’ve told you I hated salads and veggies in generally. Not. a. fan. Until I realized how healthy they truly are, how they give me TONS more energy, and how I just feel good eating them! I’ve found a way to sneak them in my diet even more. I rave about smoothie bowls but I’m a creature of serious habit in the morning and I can’t stop eating a smoothie bowl with tons of healthy toppings for breakfast. Almond milk, spinach, kale, fruit, protein powder and you’re pretty much ready to go! My skin thanks me when I up my greens intake consistently. Give me all the spinach!
- Whiten your smile!
- Last but not least, get those teeth WHITE! I have to use whitening products twice per year to keep my smile as white as I can as I’m definitely a coffee + red wine drinker as well as an avid chocolate lover! Colgate Optic White is my go-to line as they offer toothpaste, mouthwash, and even a “spot-treatment” pen. A little goes a long way and especially when using all three products together, I notice results extremely fast! I wish I could use these products all year long but I do have extremely sensitive gums so when I do whiten, I go for quality not quantity! 🙂
Because I’m such a fan of Colgate Optic White, I’ve partnered with Meijer to GIVEAWAY a Colgate Optic White Kit for ONE of you to win!!! Please head over to Instagram to learn how to enter!
Thank you to Mejier for partnering on this post!