GAC’s winter travel series has officially begun! While in North Carolina, here are 10 Things to Do in Asheville:
1. Stay at historic The Omni Grove Park Inn. Play a round of golf, tennis, take in the views. Book an appointment at their amazing spa.
2. Spend the day at The Biltmore – tour the house, garden, and grounds and be in awe of the immaculate estate that the Vanderbilts created.
3. Shop downtown Asheville. Stop in Framed, a really cool luxury eyewear shop. Peruse the unique finds at Asheville Market Basket. Find beautiful leather goods at Paul Taylor. While you’re at it, grab a coffee at World Coffee Cafe.
4. Explore the The River Arts District, which consists of a ton of artists and working studios in historic buildings that span over a one mile stretch of the French Broad River.
5. Travel along the Blue Ridge Parkway! Take in the scenic routes. Pack food for a picnic. Go slow and enjoy the views.
6. Relax and rent a cabin or cottage. Bask in nature and enjoy the fresh air.
8. Experience Asheville’s plethora of breweries and wineries. While there are many to choose from, don’t miss The Biltmore’s winery and I also heard New Belgium is opening a brewery in Asheville there this year!
10. Find and listen to some live music. It’s not hard to find in Asheville! Bonus: Live streetside music.
What are some of your must-do’s while in Asheville?
You can follow my adventures via my Instagram, @girlaboutcolumbus!
You may enjoy these popular travel posts: