When Meijer emailed me about collaborating on a Spring beauty post, I couldn’t reply back quickly enough! I’m absolutely done with this absurd cold and am sooo ready for warmer weather. Last weekend, I started my Spring cleaning and as I write this post, my bathroom counter is in pure disarray: A serious beauty overhaul is happening. My makeup brushes need cleaned, my darker lipstick colors are moving to the back of the medicine cabinet, and I’m deciding what needs to be tossed.
I love sifting through new beauty products (I’m also a huge Birchbox fan) and a few products from Meijer have even been so lucky to be added into my daily routine. Since I always enjoy reading what others are using, here are a few products I highly recommend if you’re looking to switch up your routine in the approaching season:
- Revlon Colorburst/Just Bitten Kissables: I picked up two of these babes. The best thing about them? They are super hydrating. Almost like putting on chapstick but with pretty, subtle, but noticeable color. I keep these in my purse and/or North Face for a quick mid-day pick-me-up.
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Concealer: I’ve been on the hunt for an inexpensive concealer that offers full, naturally-looking coverage. Oh and one that doesn’t cake on. I’ve totally scored with this. Since I’ve bought this concealer, I’ve noticed a lot of other beauty bloggers rave about this stuff too. I use it every morning even if I don’t wear anything else.
- Burt’s Bees Cucumber & Sage Facial Cleansing Towelettes: Such a current go-to for me. They’re natural, smell great, and don’t leave a nasty residue behind. I love these things for when I’m too tired to wash my face at night or when I need a quick refresh in the morning.
- Loreal Paris Revitalift Volume Filler & Moisturizer: Enter my new serum and moisturizer. I’ve been using this 2-step routine before bed on my face and neck and have already noticed my “wrinkles” aka smile lines are smoother in the morning. This stuff contains hyaluronic acid and fibroxyl and claims to lift away wrinkles to help you regain your skin’s fullness for a more youthful appearance. I’m totally rooting for a more “plump” face – I’ll let you know how this one goes but for now I’m loving the scent and way it immediately makes my face feel. 🙂
- Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Nail Polishes, Wine Stock + Top Coat: I always am honest with you guys on GAC – I haven’t officially tried these but I will tell you that I am this week and I cannot wait. See, I’ve been consistently getting gel manicures for awhile. I refuse to pay $ for the salon to take my gel polish off because if I do, I know I’ll succumb to the persuasion of getting another gel mani. And the cycle continues. So, I’ve been picking/waiting for my gel to come off so I can try these polishes! I could save so much money if they work. Sally Hansen has 45 different shades and no light is needed. Fingers crossed that they become part of the regular routine!
- Loreal Paris Makeup Extender Setting Spray: Sometimes, I use primer to extend the life of my daily makeup. But sometimes, I forget to. And I just want a product that I can use after I’ve applied foundation. This spray does just that and makes my makeup last hours longer. It’s not sticky and feels super fresh on my face.
- Nivea In-Shower Body Lotion: I’ve been religiously using this lotion in the shower since I got it. It’s so easy to use – you just suds up with your regular body wash/soap, rinse, apply this lotion, rinse. My skin has been extra dry this winter and it’s nice to be able to use this and not have to use lotion after my shower when it’s freezing cold! 🙂
What do you think of spring beauty cleaning? Any new products you’re loving? I would love to hear!