Have you ever had Red Velvet Cookies? Mmm. Melt in your mouth. Seriously. These babies are as good as they look. Which is why they were a shoo-in for the blog today.
Feeling the holiday cheer, I made this past Saturday a baking day! While chocolate is my tried and true, all-time favorite baking flavor, Red Velvet has been a close runner-up for a few years now! And there’s really nothing better than Red Velvet cookies… especially during the holidays.
I can’t keep this recipe a secret because I think it’s just too delicious… and sooo simple. Which is perfect for this time of year, when multi-tasking becomes an absolute necessity. If you are in charge of bringing a dessert to a celebration in the next couple of weeks, I hope I can save you some time (and some pinning) – here ya go:
- 1 box Red Velvet Cake Mix (I used Duncan Hines)
- 2 Eggs
- 6 tablespoons Butter, melted
- 3/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine cornstarch and powdered sugar in small bowl, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, melted butter and eggs. Mix well.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls and roll in powdered sugar mixture.
- Place on un-greased, cool cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8-10 minutes.
- Cool on cooling rack.
You can also add sprinkles or chocolate chips for added flavor! Plus, a glass of milk goes oh-so-perfectly! 🙂